Big problems start from little ones. The best time to address a problem is when it is small. It is very hard to advance to any specialized maintenance activities and improvement efforts if Basic Equipment Condition had not been well established. Always remember that our equipment remains a shared responsibility for both operators and maintenance people. A lesson we must all learn from the Japanese.
NICKEL ASIA CORPORATION (2020)
Provided training and guidance on World Class Maintenance Management, The 12 Disciplines, and their other business subsidiaries Taganito Mining. Claver, Surigao. Cagdianao Mining. Dinagat Islands. Hinatuan Mining. Tagana-an, Surigao del Norte, and Dinapigue Mining.
ABOITIZ POWER DISTRIBUTION BUSINESS UNITS (2019 - 2021)
Provided training on World Class Maintenance - The 12 Disciplines for all their Distribution Business Units, including Davao Lights, Visayan Electric, Cotabato Lights, SEZ, LEZ, and Malvez Management Team.
ALLEGRO MICROSYSTEMS CORPORATION (2018 - 2019)
Provided training for their key maintenance and Reliability of Root Cause Failure Analysis and Reliability Maintenance, respectively.
MEGA WIDE CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION (2017, 2019 and 2021)
Provided training on Best Practices on Maintenance on MMEP, RCM Autonomous, and Planned Maintenance, respectively, for their maintenance and operations people.
DMCI POWER CORPORATION (2018 - 2019)
Provided DMCI Power Corporation for Palawan, Calapan, and Masbate maintenance assessment based on the 12 Disciplines of World Class Maintenance to determine their current status and recommend strategies to further enhance and improve their operations.
MANILA WATERS (2018)
Helped organized Manila Waters Maintenance Academy and recommended important training and master class for their operations and maintenance people.
UNIVERSAL ROBINA CORPORATION (2018 - 2019)
Provided guidance and training for their people on conducting an investigation using Root Cause Failure Analysis on their sites at Iloilo and Tolong, Negros Oriental, respectively, and MRO Spare Parts for URC SONEDCO and their sister companies.
PHILSAGA MINING CORPORATION (2015 and 2021)
Conducted training for their maintenance and reliability people on Advance Maintenance Strategy on Reliability Centered Maintenance, Root Cause Failure Analysis, and MRO Spare Parts and Storeroom Management.
TRANSITION OPTICAL PHILIPPINES (2015 and 2018)
Provided assistance, consultation, and training on successfully implementing Autonomous Maintenance and Planned Maintenance as part of their strategy in empowering their operators.
UNITED PULP AND PAPER COMPANY INC.,(2017)
Provided assistance and training on Meaningful Measures on Equipment Performance as part of their requirements in aiming for their next level of certification on the Japan Institute of Plant Maintenance on TPM.
EPSON PHILIPPINES CORPORATION., (2017)
Provided training and consultation services for their maintenance in implementing Reliability-Centered Maintenance for their equipment and assets.
EXCELITAS TECHNOLOGIES PHILIPPINES INC., (2016)
Provided training services on the implementation of TPM Planned Maintenance as well as Autonomous Maintenance in the Philippines.
MERALCO POWER ACADEMY (2016 to 2021)
Partnered with Meralco Power Academy as one of their key facilitator and resource speakers on reliability and maintenance courses on CBM, RCM, WCM, TPM, and other related courses for both power and non-power industries the Philippines.
PHILIPPINE GEOTHERMAL PRODUCTION COMPANY (2016 - 2017)
Acquired by Philippine Geothermal Production Company as their consultant in developing their Reliability Integrity Management procedures and implementation on Reliability-Centered Maintenance, Autonomous Maintenance, and Planned Maintenance for both Tiwi and Makban plants.
ABOITIZ POWER (2014 - 2019)
Conducted a course on Root Cause Failure Analysis and FMEA/FMECA as part of their Asset Management strategy in improving the skills of their maintenance and safety people on how to analyze equipment related problems and breakdowns.
HEDCOR INC., (2014 - 2021)
Have conducted maintenance and reliability training on World Class Maintenance Management—The 12 Disciplines, Root Cause Failure Analysis, Condition-Based Maintenance, FMEA/FMECA, Reliability-Centred Maintenance, and the most recent Understanding MRO Storeroom and Spare Parts Management for both Benguet and Davao sites.
ON SEMICONDUCTOR (2014)
Conducted Reliability-Centered Maintenance Master class to their maintenance and management team to initiate an overall reliability and maintenance plan to improve the reliability of their equipment and assets.
FUNAI ELECTRIC PHILIPPINES INC., (2014 - 2018)
Conducted World Class Maintenance Management training to their maintenance and management team and educate them on what it takes to reach a level of world-class in their maintenance journey.
BOTSWANA ASH, BOSTWANA (2013)
Invited to conduct a workshop and training on Total Productive Maintenance, Planned Maintenance, and Autonomous Maintenance and provided consultation services for their TPM start-up activities.
GLOBAL INTELLIGENCE, INDIA (2013)
Invited to conduct a workshop and training on World Class Maintenance Management—The 12 Disciplines for reliability and maintenance people.
SALVO GLOBAL TRAINING GROUP, SINGAPORE (2012 and 2015)
Invited to conduct a workshop and training on World Class Maintenance Management, The 12 Disciplines and Lubrication Strategy and Oil Contamination control last June 2012 attended by maintenance and reliability people from South African countries.
SAPREF, DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA, (2012)
Invited to conduct a workshop and training on Lubrication Management and Understanding Oil Contamination Control for their maintenance and lubrication personnel.
ENERGY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, Philippines (2010 to 2013)
Have conducted several sessions on World Class Maintenance, Root Cause Failure Analysis, and Reliability Centred Maintenance on their different plants here in the Philippines.
ASIA KNOWLEDGE SDN. BHD. Malaysia (2010 - Present)
Served as a regular speaker on their public training in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand. Invited twice as a resource speaker in their conference for Beyond Maintenance 1 and 2 last May 2010, attended by more than 70 Malaysians, and remained a regular resource speaker for maintenance training and Workshop on several courses on maintenance and reliability.
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS CONFERENCES, India (2008 – 2021)
Invited as a regular resource speaker for their public offering courses on the World Class Maintenance Management, The 12 Disciplines, Reliability-Centred Maintenance, and Root Cause Failure Analysis, which were attended by maintenance and reliability people from India.
AMKOR TECHNOLOGY Philippines (2005 – 2017)
Provided regular training on reliability and maintenance courses from 2005 to 2007. Have conducted ninety-seven batches of training on different reliability courses and trained 1,545 people, mostly from the maintenance function. Reliability courses conducted include Reliability-Centred Maintenance, Planned Maintenance Four Phases To Zero Unplanned Breakdown, Maintenance KPI's and Indices, Utilization Losses, Lubrication Strategy and Oil Contamination and Control, Condition-Based Maintenance and Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA).
MARCUS EVANS CONFERENCE (2007)
Keynote speaker on their second Annual Plant Reliability and Maintenance Conference Symposium conducted last March 26 and 27, 2007, on Root Cause Failure Analysis.
ADVANCE RESEARCH AND COMPETENCY DEVELOPMENT (2005 - 2006)
Served as a Reliability Resource Speaker and Facilitator for ARCDI on Equipment Engineering and Reliability Courses. ARCDI, a training institute, is the center of training for all Semiconductor industries in the Philippines.
HERMANN AND CROSS LTD. NIGERIA (2007)
Conducted Reliability-Centered Maintenance training and facilitation course on actual Reliability-Centred Maintenance implementation for Shell in Nigeria, attended by Shell, Saipem, and their consultant Hermann and Cross Ltd.
TEAM ENERGY CORPORATION, (2007– 2011)
Formerly Mirant Sual Power Plant conducted several trainings on Root Cause Failure Analysis RCFA, Total Productive Maintenance, Autonomous Maintenance Operators 7 Step Journey to Empowerment, and the most recent World Class Maintenance Management, The 12 Disciplines on both their 2 power plants in Sual and Pagbilao Philippines.
Rolly is a seasoned international maintenance and reliability consultant with over 30 years of solid experience in the field. He has been invited to different countries and has conducted reliability and maintenance training in United Arab Emirates, Qatar, India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, Thailand, Nigeria, Bangladesh, South Africa, China, and Botswana. His portfolio of maintenance training includes maintenance and reliability courses on TPM, Lubrication, Tribology, Condition-Based Maintenance, RCM, RCFA, Planned Maintenance, World Class Maintenance Management, The 12 Disciplines, Oil Contamination Control, Maintenance Indices and KPI's, Maintenance and Reliability Management Strategies and much more. Rolly previously worked with Amkor Technology Philippines as a TPM Senior Engineer, an industry engaged in the manufacture of Integrated Circuit products and spearheaded their Planned Maintenance organization, composed of maintenance managers and engineers. He was also responsible for the dramatic reduction of unplanned breakdowns in their TPM Journey as well as RCM implementation on their Facilities AHU units as well as their substation equipment. This is Rolly's third book on maintenance, which is a sequel to his two current books on World Class Maintenance Management - The 12 Disciplines and Maintenance - Roadmap to Reliability and his latest book on Reliability - A Shared Responsibility for Operators and Maintenance. Rolly is currently working as an independent reliability and maintenance consultant.
Rolly is a graduate of Mechanical Engineering from Mapua Institute of Technology in the Philippines, batch 1985, and passed the licensure board examination the following year in 1986. With 30 years of solid experience, he had worked in various industries from shipping, woodworking, foundry, cast-iron machining, assembly lines, semiconductor manufacturing, and mining industry. Here was where he gained hands-on experience and understanding of TPM and RCM, respectively, a strategy from both the west and the east. His last corporate employment was in 2002, where he worked as a technical training specialist at Lepanto Consolidated Mining Industry. In 2005, Rolly retired early from the industry and decided to establish his own consulting business, RSA Reliability and Maintenance Consultancy Firm, where he dedicates his time and passion to work as an independent reliability and maintenance consultant. He provides in-house training, consultation, and facilitation to different industries on maintenance and reliability's best practices. Rolly Angeles can be reached through his personal email at firstname.lastname@example.org, where he writes his reliability and maintenance newsletter.
RSA Reliability and Maintenance Consultancy Firm (2005 till Present) Owner
· Established RSA Reliability and Maintenance Consultancy Firm. Provide industry training, consultation, assessment, guidance, and facilitation on reliability and maintenance best practices.
· Provides training, assessment, consultation and facilitation on maintenance and reliability correct practices.
Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company: (2002 – 2004) Technical Training Specialists
· Convince Top Management to adopt and implement the Oil Analysis and Contamination Control Program. LCMC's cost avoidance in having these seminars/training conducted by the outside consultant is 4 million. Introduce techniques on CBM/PdM, RCM, TPM, RCFA.
· Successfully conducted 1st Planned Maintenance Strategic Planning for Maintenance people.
· Updated people's knowledge of maintenance best practices and analytical skills.
· Dramatic Reduction of Millings Maintenance costs from 57 million to 37 million from 2001 to 2003 through the application of Maintenance Best Practices I teach, such as CBM and RCM.
· Development of specialized technical training modules focused on maintenance exclusive for Lepanto
· Convince Top Management to adopt Oil Analysis and Total Contamination Control to save on its lubrication cost and cost attributed to lubrication failures.
· Responsible for the Development and Implementation of Technical Training at LCMC.
· Conducted training and seminars on equipment reliability and world-class maintenance systems.
· Enhance people's skills in world-class maintenance techniques and strategies.
· Conducted Strategic Planning for maintenance on how to achieve Proactive Maintenance.
Amkor Technology Philippines: (1995 – 2002) TPM Senior Engineer
· Responsible for the development and implementation of TPM's Planned Maintenance Pillar on Amkor
· Conducted training on the implementation of Planned Maintenance Systems on different Steps/Phase
· Provided consultation and guidance on PM teams undergoing different Phases of Planned Maintenance
· Conducted Audits and Certification on teams as they complete each step on Planned Maintenance
· Organized and spearhead yearly strategic planning for Planned Maintenance members and managers
· Provided necessary training on a higher form of Maintenance such as Predictive Maintenance, RCM
· Dramatic reduction of unplanned Breakdowns on 22 Pilot machines for Planned Maintenance from 237 to 4 from October 2000 to 4 by August of 2001.
· Dramatic reduction of unplanned Breakdowns on 272 Fan-Out or replicated machines from us much as 443 to 2 from Jan 2001 to September 2001.
· Conducted a full-blown Seminar on RCM for more or less 300 maintenance technicians and Managers.
· Successfully implemented RCM on Amkor's Facilities equipment's AHU and Sub-Stations. Revision in their Preventive Maintenance Schedules dramatically reduced their breakdowns. Facilities Breakdown record form 26 to ZERO from Q1 2000 to Q3 2000.
· Amkor's TPM Office benchmarked several times by other companies in their TPM implementation
· Provided consultation on ATP's P3 on Planned Maintenance implementation.
· Trained all engineers of P2 on Poka-Yoke Implementation on Mistake-Proofing for Zero Defects
· Experience dealing with JIPM consultation and written full documented report on Planned Maintenance and Initial Flow Control Activities for pre-assessment requirements for JIPM Certification.
· Promoted twice during my stay for results and performance, awarded Key Technical Person for 1998.
Sharp Philippines Corporation (1990 – 1994) Product Engineer
· Responsible for the development of TV's CINEMABORG series, which includes design, mock-up sample, testing, parts lists generation, pre-production qualification.
· Also responsible for assisting the production side on the pre-production of new products related to TV and video series and conducting several destructive tests to assure both the quality and integrity of the product once it is out on the market.
· Implemented several cost improvement studies of TV parts without affecting the quality output of the unit for better price competition on the market.
Singer Industries Philippines Incorporated (1988 – 1990) Production Supervisor
· Relocated all woodworking types of equipment to provide faster flow, improve material handling, and minimize travel time losses from one process to another.
· Redesign and implemented the whole ducting system of the Woodworking Department that further improved dust particle count.
· Design and fabricated 2 additional sanding equipment out of unused items from the maintenance shop which saved the company in thousands of dollars in investing additional imported sanding equipment. (Fabrication of Vertical-Cut Out Sander and Horizontal Sander).
· Handled and supervise woodworking divisions, which includes furniture making and set production schedules and time-table of completion
Superior Shipping Corporation (1986 – 1998) Oiler
· Worked as an oiler o board MV Sea Raider and got my first taste of experience in maintenance. Responsible for executing routine maintenance for the ship's engine room and spares inventory.
RSA Reliability Newsletter will be provided once a month to our valued RSA Reliability Subscribers. It provides highlights and issues, solutions, and lessons regarding our most common interest, which is all about improving the reliability of our equipment. This is a paid subscription. A one-time payment of 49.99 USD will be required, which will be billed for you to access my newsletter vault. You can pay via Paypal by clicking this link.
All books are written are in series based on the original concept of my first book on World Class Maintenance Management, The 12 Disciplines. Each of these books represented a specific maintenance discipline and explained as detailed as it can be. You can purchase these books individually or in series depending on the book that best suit your industry. RSA Reliability and Maintenance books are available at www.amazon.com or check out your local bookstore. I know and understand what it is like to be in maintenance, as this is my life. These books do not only cover the technical jargon on reliability and maintenance, but it is also a book that makes every single maintenance proud that they belong to the maintenance function. If you have been living through the day to day pressures of doing maintenance, then this is your story. If you are interested in this book, send me an email. Click Here!
Our workshops are uniquely designed to cater to the needs of industries. They are fun yet challenging as delegates learn more about the training. If you would like to have any of these training done in your plant for wider participation, give us an email to submit our proposal. Check our workshops here on this link. These workshops have been improved and tested with time to help delegates absorbed the learning’s. Click Here!
• If your industry is interested to join and participate in any of our upcoming public training and Master Class for this calendar year 2022, you may send us an email or simply fill out the registration form provided on our schedule site. You may Click here to visit our schedule training for 2022 Schedule.
Rest in Peace, Charlie Watts. This portion is dedicated to the greatest band of The Rolling Stones, which started in 1962 and still together. What made them stick together after simply six decades of music, I simply can't say, as Keith Richards said in his book "Life. If I can excite Mick, then Mick can excite the world. Last 2012 they started celebrating their fifty-six years as a band. They are considered the longest-running band on the planet. What makes them great is their passion; as Keith Richard said in his book "Life," if I can excite Mick, Mick can excite the world. This is a band that never split or separate, and they will be there together for life.
We thank our previous maintenance delegates for the trust. We are very much flattered and humbled by your feedback and testimonies. Your messages are the main reason for allowing us to remain and inspire maintenance people in industries. With all humility, we say thank you and rest assure that we are continuously improving. Without your support in our training, there won't be us. Read More!
• Online Training: RSA Reliability can provide your industry online training on courses that can benefit your industry. Online training can be done with a minimum of 4 hours to a maximum of 3 days. Send us an email, and we will provide you with our proposal.
• RSA Newsletter Vault: This is a one time paid newsletter subscription. If you are interested in subscribing to my newsletter vault, kindly send me an email if you want to subscribe.
• 2022 Training Schedule: If you are interested in attending any of our public workshops and master class for 2022. Send us an email or register online.
• RSA Books: If you are interested in buying any of our books on reliability and maintenance, they are available in hardcopy, paperback and Kindle format. These books I wrote are in series and it is best if you consider starting with World Class Maintenance, The 12 Disciplines first to understand each of the disciplines on maintenance. This is a book which is highly recommended for every single maintenance in industries. Limited copies.
• In-house Training: Should your industry be interested in any of the courses we provide for in-house training, kindly send us an email, and we will provide you with a proposal. We are now accepting reservations for in-house training for both local and international countries
Below are some references and articles that you can download for free on our most common link: maintenance and reliability. These shall be updated from time to time, as new articles will be uploaded on this site. Also, check out our Maintenance and Reliability Newsletter. Should you be interested in our reliability and maintenance newsletter, we will be charging a one-time payment of $ 49.99. Click here to access our free articles